back to news
- Polyester is a recyclable raw material;
- Durability is one of its main characteristics;
- It guarantees significant water savings (producing one tonne of polyester consumes 110 times less water than, for example, cotton);
- In the production of polyester fibre, waste is residual;
- It requires a simplified spinning process, ensuring lower energy consumption;
- In terms of finishing and dyeing, polyester is a unique product that requires fewer procedures;
- It is a fibre with good resistance and which supports the most complex manufacturing processes;
- It guarantees an excellent performance, especially in the preservation of the piece and colour maintenance;
- Comfort, breathability and protection against ultraviolet radiation are possible technical characteristics;
- Polyester enables a fair and competitive final price.
At Riopele, a company founded in 1927, responsible for 1039 jobs, which exports over 95% of its production to more than 30 markets, we demystify myths from day one.